About National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test – Neet The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India. NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves.
NEET Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
Nationality:Candidates should be an Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
Minimum– The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – The maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
Qualification:Students must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
Percentage Criteria:Students must have secured minimum 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
Admission process for all Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
All the states participating in the NEET will fill their 85% seats of MBBS/BDS though state counselling, while the remaining 15% of the seats will be filled through All India centralized counselling. The eligibility for the 85% quota seats of the states are mentioned below:
Candidates must have completed/appearing his/her 10th and 12th from the state.
Candidate must possess a valid domicile of the state.
Candidate should posses a residency proof of the state.
The question paper of NEET is an objective type exam. NEET exam is of total 720 marks. Physics carries 45 questions for 180 marks, Chemistry carries 45 questions for 180 marks and Biology carries 90 questions ( Zoology- 45 questions and Botany- 45 questions) for 360 marks..
There is negative marking in NEET Exam. For every correct answer student is awarded 4 marks where as for every wrong answer 1 mark is deducted.
Ashoka Complex, Ranade Road, Dadar West, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400028
022 2436 1537 / 022 2438 0819